Baby Boy and I had a fairly uneventful week at school. We did a little bit of school during Christmas week and New Years week to keep our brains sharp, but nothing too strenuous. I'm going to try to smash the whole three weeks into this one weekly report, since I've been neglecting to do them lately. I know it bores people to death to give blow by blow details of our school days, so I really am going to try to keep it short and sweet this time. Wish me luck:
- Language Arts: Read and discussed two new short stories, Nathaniel Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown and Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher. Both were good, but very creepy. If you're into dark literature, read these. Also continuing with our SAT prep in Vocabulary Cartoons.
- Algebra II: We completed two chapters. One on 2nd degree equations and another on radical equations. They were both extremely difficult and challenged both Baby Boy and myself. I think we have it all figured out, but not entirely certain.
- Human Anatomy: We completed a chapter on muscle histology and physiology. Now I know more about the who what where and why of the alleged muscles in my body than I ever really cared to know. Baby Boy finds it all fascinating and amazing, this is the one course he works on passionately without any urging from me. Joy!
- American History: We are studying the unrest in the United States right before the Civil War. We are also reading a book on the Dred Scott Case and the fallout from that period in American history and how it still affects us today. You can take a peek at the book over there in my sidebar, if you like.
- Logic and Critical Thinking: We have gone from discussing specific fallacies in logic to tackling the danger of assumptions. This is interesting conversation, I assure you.
- Extra-Curriculars: Baby Boy is doing famously in tae kwon do snatching up another belt, but I don't have a lot of photos because someone (and she knows who she is) bought me non-refundable and non-transferable tickets to see The Nutcracker on the same day as the belt testing. Also Baby Boy is signed up for the Winter League of Texas Ultimate! Frisbee, so look for more adventures in that. Bowling has been sort of a bust as the last two months were canceled due to lack of participants. We may find we have to let that one go . . . but then again . . . maybe we won't.
That's all for school news . . . in other news . . . We are moving into our new house next Friday!!! I'm so excited, but also overwhelmed. Starting tomorrow we will be meticulously packing all of our worldly possessions so they will be ready for the movers to come and pick up first thing Friday Morning. Please wish us luck. I despise packing and moving and cleaning and all things that come with that whole territory; however, I am so excited about our new bigger place with a delicious yard with a nice tall privacy fence. If we can just get past the packing and moving and cleaning and cleaning again and the unpacking and settling in . . . I know it will all be worth it. ;-)
So I'm not sure how much I'll be on next week. Probably more than I should be, because I can already tell that I'll be needing a break, LOL.
Take care and I hope everyone had a fantabulous week and will have an even more spectacular weekend!
Until next time . . .