Monday, January 26, 2009

Open For Business!

Well . . . as you know, we have been very busy moving from one place to the next. Anyone who has moved knows that it takes a long time to get settled into a new place, but I am pleased to announce that we are finally at a place where we can slow down, exhale, and at least begin living. It seems like living has been on hold for a couple of weeks.


We finally got the classroom set up so that Baby Boy and I can get back to schoolwork. I was having major homeschool withdrawal, although I think Baby Boy was pleased to get out of it for a couple of weeks. I don't know though . . . the heavy lifting, carrying of boxes, and meticulous cleaning may have gotten to him . . . he showed up for class today without any grumbling or complaining. ;-)


Anyway . . . I thought I'd show you around our new schoolroom:

Real desks . . . Baby Boy and I don't have to share the card table anymore.

A real bookshelf . . . no more hunting through boxes for the book you want to read.

A little extra storage for other supplies . . . WE GET TO DO MORE ART NOW!!!! (Stay tuned!)

Even though they are just things, and we have been living for over a year without them . . . it is very nice to have a little extra breathing room, and after living without them for over a year, I certainly know how to appreciate them. I also know that I can live without them if I have to. These are both two extremely tough lessons to learn, I assure you. Take my advice and, if you have a nice homeschooling space, be thankful daily. Losing it bites! Getting it back rocks!


But most importantly, my two favorite pupils showed up today. Thank goodness!


Until next time . . .


12 comments:

Ami said...

Welcome back!!

Baby Doggy looks very studious. Not.

:)

Your son is a great looking guy, and gosh, so is your school room. Great looking, I mean, not a guy. School rooms do not possess gender. Do they?

Hmm.

Katy said...

Looks fabulous! I'd love to have a space like that to do my homework - enough room for me and the kids!

Beautiful space, cute kid and cute doggie! Glad you're all settling in nicely!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks great. When you're done settling in, any chance of coming over here and organizing, painting, taking care of business? :-)

SabrinaT said...

What great students you have!! I love your classroom. You have a lot of space. Enough for 2 more students.. My boys are on their way!

The Foil Hat said...

Ooo I want a schoolroom too. It looks awesome. How cute is that dog? Isn't it awesome having giant "Baby" boys to help with the heavy stuff?

Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting settled in. We had stuff in storage for over a year when we first moved. Some stuff I really missed, but there were other things I wondered why I even paid to store! The school room looks great by the way! (and yes, I'm going to blog about my D.C. trip as soon as I get a chance)

:)De said...

What a great school room. Glad you have settled in enough to start living! Oh and thanks for your encouragement to my big dawg!

Peace,
:)De

Jason, as himself said...

You have been extremely busy. You must be exhausted. But once it's all finally done, the sense of accomplishment is worth it.

Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

I know you are squealing with excitement. We used to have a school room in our attic, but the boys thought it was too much trouble going up there everyday, so now they just school in their rooms. I guess we're all about making everything "easy" around here or something. Enjoy that beautiful new room!!

michelle said...

Wonderful!
Oh - I would miss our homeschooling space! I love how you have it set up, and those shelves are wonderful!

And what fine looking pupils you have - except one looks like he(or she?) needs a shave. ;-)

Congrats again on your new place!

Michelle

Laura Lee said...

I just had to comment when I saw how beautifully ORGANIZED your school space is!!!!! Lovely, just lovely.

Agata Renfrew said...

It's a nice place for work and study. It's simple yet, very organized. And I think it would be a lot better if you'll have bigger space someday. What do you think? ;p

Related Posts with Thumbnails