I guess you can say this week was a week of "life-skills training."
We didn't get much classwork done, however we were very busy:
- On Monday, we did a little work, but mostly put a lot of energy into prepping for election day.
- On Tuesday, we did even less schoolwork, tae kwon do, and went to see my niece play a volleyball game. They play the best two out of three, and her team won the first two games. GO GIRLS! No photos. They were too wiggly for me to get a good shot.
- On Tuesday evening, after the volleyball games, we actually did stay up all night long watching election coverage and acceptance and concession speeches. Had a wonderful time.
- On Wednesday, Mom #2 needed help at work, so Baby Boy went to real work instead of doing schoolwork. He made a nice little paycheck too, so send all your loan requests to him . . . as in NOT TO ME . . . STRAIGHT TO HIM.
- Thursday, I drove my Grand Baby Girl back and forth all over town as my intended daily arrangement for her did not work out. I was trying to do a little shopping and Baby Boy had homeschool bowling (thankfully this time other teenage boys showed up so I didn't have to wear those awful used shoes and bowl). After bowling, I took Baby Boy for a little more tae kwon do practice. Schoolwork was already shot for the week, so why not a little extra physical conditioning. What the heck?
- Thursday night, even though both Mom #2 and Baby Boy refused to give me the time of day or even a sympathy date, my niece and I did get all dressed up and go see the opera La Cenerentola (Cinderella) and had a simply fabulous time. Don't we look lovely? I know, I have very big hair. I'm a Texan, what can I say?
- I also got to meet my niece's new pet, Hammy, the hamster. I know the name isn't that creative, but she's brilliant in other ways, LOL.
- Nothing at all going on today. I'm still recovering from Grand Baby Girl's recent three day bout with explosive diarrhea. 'Nuff said. But today she's at home with her own Mommy, and I am taking the day off. UNTIL TONIGHT . . . when I have to take Baby Boy to play Ultimate Frisbee.
Whew, I'm tired just looking back on it!
I certainly hope every one's week was a blast. Have a great weekend!
Until next time . . .